If you can add two fingers between the collar and the dog’s neck, then this is the most suitable width. With this width, the dog will only feel the pressure when it bursts, and it is very comfortable and not easy to break free at other times. In addition, for long-haired or curly-haired dogs, the owner can choose a cylindrical dog training collars, which will reduce the occurrence of hair jams.
1. Try to choose a collar made of leather or nylon. I have seen a lot of fancy collars, which are okay to wear at home or when you want to take pictures. But it is not suitable for use when walking the dog, because the comfort is poor and not strong, and there are potential safety hazards.
2. Try not to put bells or other oversized decorations on the dog’s collar. The bell is because the distance between the collar and the dog’s ear is very close, especially the kind of copper bell that is particularly loud. And the sound is really loud. Wearing it for a long time will cause great damage to the dog’s hearing.
The strap style is a very popular style in recent years. When the dog bursts, you pull on the leash, and it will naturally turn in the direction of your pull, instead of pulling back this negative reinforcement. Turning will bring the dog’s attention back to the owner, so that the behavior of rushing forward desperately is interrupted. So as to play the role of adjustment. Using this kind of collar with the correct way of walking the dog can be a good way to train the dog’s state of walking.
Suppression Adjustment Collars:
There are many kinds of such collars, such as p chains, spike plate chains, electric neck rings, mouth collars and so on. This type of collar is more suitable for dogs with explosive, aggressive, aggressive tendencies and aggressive dogs. But the premise is that it is used under the guidance of professionals. I will recommend them to use the p-chain, but there are several points in the use of the p-chain.
1. The p-chain needs to stimulate the dog when it bursts, and generate warning and pain impressions for the dog’s bursting behavior. So as to correct the dog’s bursting behavior. But we must pay attention to the strength when using it. That is to say, pay attention to observe the state of the dog, and when it has the desire to burst, pull the p chain first. It is both a reminder and an act of interrupting its current attention.
2. The technique is very important. When wearing the P chain, we must ensure that the long end is in our hands. After putting the dog on the p chain, when walking, make sure that the dog is beside us instead of in front of us. That is, the kind that fit snugly around the base of the dog’s ears, but don’t grip too tightly.
3. When using the p-chain to hold the dog, it must be pulled upwards rather than backwards. Relax immediately after a short, quick application of force, mainly to stop the bursting behavior and give it a momentary stimulus. It cannot be lifted up all the time, it will be very dangerous to the dog. At the same time, it must be remembered that the p-chain is only used during training. When the dog’s behavior is corrected, it should be replaced with a normal collar in time. Long-term use of the P chain may cause psychological shadows on the dog.